Guillotine damper are typically specified for gas shut-off of ducts and they are commonly installed in furnaces, heaters, reformers and other chemical and petrochemical application or cement industry as well as isolators downstream diverters in GT exhaust systems or any other heavy duty industrial application.
Guillotine damper employ a sliding blade inserted into the duct from an external frame to block flow in
rectangular and round ducting. Guillotine damper provide a mechanized means of inserting a duct
blanking plate and offer superior isolation of flue gas applications containing heavy particulate
loads and are ideal for tight shut off applications.
- Bag houses
The body of Guillotine damperis fabricated from different type of material suitable for site condition and client requirement. Standard materials of construction for critical parts of Guillotine damperare-
- Body: A36, IS 2062, A516, IS 2002, Corten, SS 304, SS 316, Inconel etc.
- Blade: A36, IS 2062, A516, IS 2002, Corten, SS 304, SS 316, Inconel etc.
- Shaft/Screw: En8, En24, SS 304, SS 316, etc.
- Seal: SS 316Ti, Inconel etc.
- Bearing: C.I lined Bush type with Grafoil Sheet, maintenance free / Antifriction
Other materials of construction can be used as required by client.
These guillotine damperare design for sealing up to 99.9% without seal air system and 100% with seal air system. Shut of blinds are also provide 100% sealing across blade & 99.9% duct to/from atmosphere. Type of seals: Bulb seal/ Flexible sea
These guillotine dampercan be provided with single or double screw / rack-pinion arrangement depending on client requirements and the size of flue gas damper.
Type of drives –
– Manual by Hand Wheel/ Chain/ Winch Pulley Arrangement
– Pneumatic (For small sizes)
Miteck performance advantages
- Low pressure drop due to full blade retraction from flow stream
- Dual chain or rack and pinion drive designed for actuator maximum stall output
- Reliable man safe isolation with optional seal air system
standard design features
- Self cleaning blade seats for 99.99% sealing efficiency
- Self lubricated sleeve bearings
- Maintenance-free drive design
- Corrosion resistant drive and follower shafts
- Clean out access
- Actuator is directly coupled to the drive shaft options
- Push rod/chest style for high temperature or pressure
- Spectacle designs
- Enclosed bonnets
- Dual blade
- Seal air systems
- Position indicators
” Since 1996 Miteck systems have earned a reputation on designing & manufacturing of guillotine dampers also we have expertise in Butterfly damper, poppet damper, lover damper, Hoisting damper, Recently we have supplied Marine ship scrubber gas dampers which are approved by American Bureau of the society of shipping,
please send us an email on [email protected] for more information “