GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to ensure that your personal data is processed correctly and with a suitable level of data protection, we have adopted the following processing principles:
- Personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Personal data is collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not processed further in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and where necessary kept to date, and inaccurate or incomplete personal data will be rectified or erased or further processing will be suspended.
- Personal data shall not be kept in a form which permits identification of the data subjects for longer time than necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is further processed.
- Personal data shall be processed in a manner that ensure appropriate security of the personal data
We will always inform you of the collection and processing of your personal data unless we have legitimate reason not to do so.
We will collect and process your personal data in a number of ways when you engage with us.
Some of the personal data is necessary for us to process in order to provide you with the services you have requested, and some personal data you can choose to provide voluntarily.
We primarily process data in the following instances:
- When you visit our websites, e.g. when browsing the website, filling in a form, responding to surveys or taking part in survey
- When we process data for marketing purposes, including if you subscribe to a newsletter or when we send newsletters to our customer base
- When you participate in an event, trade fair, etc.… and are in touch with us before, during or after the event, e.g. as part of a query or a sales enquiry
- When you are in a customer or supplier relationship with us
We process the following data types about you depending on which category you belong to, cf. the above:
Events and trade fairs
Customers / Suppliers
As a rule, we will not process any special categories of personal data (special personal data) about you unless you have provided your explicit consent thereto or unless we are required to do so in order to comply with current legislation.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
We only process your personal data in order to pursue a legitimate purpose and generally we will only process your personal data if one or more of the following criteria apply:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest pursued by us or by a third party and such processing is not considered harmful
- You have provided your consent to such processing
As a general rule, our legal basis for processing personal data relating to contact information for individuals within our customer and supplier base, is the balancing of the legitimate interests pursued by us in our business-to-business relationships with you against your right of protection of your personal data. We believe this is considered harmless to you as the registered party as we have only registered basic contact details about you in relation to the organisation in which you are employed, and because we are processing this data to be able to provide a service towards you and your employer.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products, services and information that you request from us
- To send you newsletters or other marketing material, including surveys
- To administer our business relations and negotiate and execute agreements
- To provide general customer service and support
- To gain customer insights and knowledge of how our various services, including websites, applications and products are used as well as for evaluation and improvement of these
- To communicate with you regarding various matters
- To comply with any current legislation
- To operate, improve and optimise the performance and user experience of the website and its services
- To perform customer and user analysis and segmentation in order to improve our understanding of our users, and provide better and tailored services to users, including you
- Statistical purposes
AUTOMATIC INDIVIDUAL DECISIONS
Your data is not being used for automated individualised decision-making.